The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies from 25th May 2018, superseding the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). The new law brings a 21st century approach to data protection. It expands the rights of individuals to control how their personal data is collected and processed, and places a range of new obligations on organisations and business’ to be more accountable for data protection.
1. Information We Collect
You provide us with certain information, such as your email address, payment information, and the your computer graphics files when you use the Render Runner services.
2. Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your rendering request, respond to enquiries, providing quotes, supply your images, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services. We will share your personal information with these third parties if required, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
We retain your personal information and Images only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and do not sell, rent, or otherwise use your information in any inappropriate way. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations such as with HMRC.
We generally keep your data, such as payment details, for the following time period: 7 years. Images will be kept for a maximum of 3 years and then deleted.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (for example, where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you do not wish your data to be held by us and would like to cancel your account, please contact us using the details below.
6. How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Mark Kingsnorth, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at: Mark Kingsnorth, Building 18783, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US.
7. Policy Updates
This policy may be updated from time to time. You may access the current version at any time from our website.